WHAT IS A "DAY AFTER" SESSION?
IS A “DAY AFTER” SESSION RIGHT FOR YOU?
Everyones heard about engagement and bridal sessions, but how many have heard about day after sessions? Yea, exactly, not many. I’m here to help you understand what a day after session is and if having one is right for you.
So, what exactly is a day after session? Day after sessions are pretty similar to engagement sessions but this time you're wearing your wedding day attire. There are many different reasons why you would want a day after session so lets talk about them.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING TO HAVE A “DAY AFTER” SESSION
- Most couples tend to gravitate towards the day after session as an opportunity to be photographed together without the stress of the wedding day. Wouldn't it be more enjoyable if you didn't have to worry about rushing off to your reception or keeping track of a timeline?
- I always try and avoid rushing post ceremony portrait sessions. The images you take together are highly important, after all, the wedding is all about the two of you! This session should never be rushed, it should be fun, intimate and most importantly stress free.
- You and your significant other may have had a smaller wedding with no photographer and now you might be wanting images of the two of you in your wedding attire.
- You’ll have a larger variety of locations than whats possible on a wedding day without the stress of rushing around and sticking to a timeline and because of that you’ll get more unique photos, and ultimately, you get to wear your dress again — woot!
- Maybe you’re having a destination wedding or a local wedding with amazing scenery, take advantage of it with no time restrictions by having a day after session.
- If you are running into timeline issues, a day after session might be the best solution without rushing on the wedding day.
WHEN TO PLAN YOUR DAY AFTER SESSION
The day after session doesn't have to take place the day after the wedding, you can even wait until after the honeymoon. When is all dependent on where you’re having your wedding and possibly even your budget. For me and since I travel for most weddings, 95% of the time day after sessions take place the day after the wedding.
LOCATIONS FOR THE DAY AFTER SESSION
Your day after session can be in any location you want. I’d say go all out and lets make it an adventure and something epic. For example, say you’re getting married in your local church or wedding hall in Portland, Oregon, take the day after and travel up to Mount Hood for some amazing and breath taking images. Think outside the box for your day after session, there’s no time restraint, no stress, make it EPIC!
"I MIGHT NOT NEED A 'DAY AFTER' SESSION?" UHH WHY NOT!?
Photographing two people in love is why I do what I do, I love it! Even if you two opt for a first look and everything seems like it'll work out on your wedding day, a day after session will allow the three of us to kick-back and get some amazingly epic and stress free images. Who doesn't want more photos of themselves with their significant other, besides, who knows where we’ll end up!
The day after session is a session for the two of you to think outside the box and make some incredible and epic imagery, imagery that will be cherished for generations to come.